Book of Mormon Missionaries

Book of Mormon Missionaries
Know and Love the Book of Mormon

Monday, October 27, 2014

Day Twenty-Four

1 Nephi 4:17-24


1 Nephi 4:17
 17 And again, I knew that the Lord had delivered Laban into my hands for this cause—that I might obtain the records according to his commandments.


1 Nephi 4:18
18 Therefore I did obey the voice of the Spirit, and took Laban by the hair of the head, and I smote off his head with his own sword.

Motive makes the difference
Surely reason or motive is all important in determining guilt or innocence for our acts.
Nephi went to Jerusalem determined to obtain the records of his people. The Lord commanded it. As he proceeded on the errand he recognized the risk. Laban had threatened his life and the lives of his brothers. He found Laban drunk and received the clear command from the Lord to slay Laban, and he obeyed (1 Ne. 4:10-18).


1 Nephi 4:19-25
19 And after I had smitten off his head with his own sword, I took the garments of Laban and put them upon mine own body; yea, even every whit; and I did gird on his armor about my loins.

20 And after I had done this, I went forth unto the treasury of Laban. And as I went forth towards the treasury of Laban, behold, I saw theservant of Laban who had the keys of the treasury. And I commanded him in the voice of Laban, that he should go with me into the treasury.


21 And he supposed me to be his master, Laban, for he beheld the garments and also the sword girded about my loins.

23 And I spake unto him as if it had been Laban.
 24 And I also spake unto him that I should carry the engravings, which were upon the plates of brass, to my elder brethren, who were without the walls.
NO REFERENCES

No comments:

Post a Comment